GLOBAL HVAC/R INDUSTRY
The HVAC/R industry (heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration) consists of a central heating unit, force or displacement ventilation, and air conditioning equipment that is meant to provide suitable indoor air quality environment in buildings, commercial places, or residential houses, in addition to the thermal comfort
- The industry is under constant regulation in terms of energy efficiency and emission of pollutants
- The industry is closely linked to the construction industry and its risks that both industries share: bad weather, delays, increased costs, etc.
At the global level, the HVAC/R equipment industry presented a size of US$115 billion during 2017 and a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR 2013-2022) of 6.20% is expected.
The industry is very concentrated in a few players such as Lennox International, Carrier Corporation, Haier, Daikin, Johnson Controls, etc.
- The Asia-Pacific region has approximately 50% market share
- Japan, the United States and Western Europe will have the slowest growth in the industry, these areas already have an installed base of HVAC/R equipment that will generate the need for maintenance and replacements
The heating equipment consists of: heat pumps, unit heaters, furnaces and boilers; the air conditioning equipment is divided into equipment for rooms, unit equipment and coolers; of ventilation is divided into fans / air pumps and in humidifiers / dehumidifiers
- During 2017, the volume of sales of heat pumps registered a growth of 32%, which is equivalent to 4.5 million more units compared to 2016
- By the end of 2018, it is estimated that global sales of air conditioning will reach 137 million units, equivalent to just over US$102 billion